iNRCORE, LLC is a world-class manufacturer of custom and catalog magnetic solutions. With 200+ employees worldwide, iNRCORE is a growing international partner to distributors and manufacturers of specialty electronic components. For over 70 years iNRCORE has been committed to supplying the highest level of compliance and innovation to industries including Space, Military, Healthcare, Transportation, and more. When failure is not an option, the world trusts iNRCORE.
About the Position
Under limited supervision, support, and maintain facility computer systems, including, desktops, servers, network equipment, and peripherals. The main focus of the position includes installing, diagnosing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. Troubleshooting problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion are essential to success. Low-Medium complexity.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring trouble issues as they are received via the IT Helpdesk.
- Accurately document instances of hardware and software inventory.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future computer hardware and software needs.
- Support development and implementation of new IT projects, including new hardware, network, and software implementations.
- Aid in the development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans. These include PC’s, network, and server hardware, both locally and remote.
- Work with end-users to identify and deliver IT Support.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on computer operation and other issues.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.
- Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end-user workstation software and networking software products.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end-users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Receive and respond to IT trouble tickets in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment.
- Other duties as assigned
Education: High School Diploma; Associate Degree or Technical Certifications, preferred.
Experience: 1-3 years of experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Basic understanding and technical knowledge of PC, servers, and network, including Microsoft platform. Use of extensive equipment support with PCs. Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products, solve issues, and willing to learn new skills and adapt to change.
Why should you join our team?
Our team is growing! We collaborate and use innovation to build meaningful relationships, both internally with colleagues and externally with customers. Our business casual dress code allows your personality to shine through. Our new facility is clean, spacious, and located near I-95, with a variety of local restaurants easily accessible. Although you can enjoy a variety of snacks on-site too!
We are committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive package that stands as one of the most competitive within the manufacturing and engineering industries. All benefits start immediately, which means no waiting periods for you or your family!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Prescription plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- 401K Program with Employer Match
- Group Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Vacation, Sick, and Floating Holidays (in addition to 7 paid holidays)
iNRCORE, LLC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This position is not eligible for relocation allowance.
iNRCORE is an ITAR regulated company. This means in order to be considered for employment, all candidates must be either a US Citizen, US Permanent Resident, or US Green Cardholder at the time of application.