iNRCORE Rugged to the Core is a world-class manufacturer of custom and catalog magnetic solutions. With 200+ employees worldwide, iNRCORE is a growing international partner to distributors and manufacturers of specialty electronic components. For over 70 years iNRCORE has been committed to supplying the highest level of compliance and innovation to industries including Space, Military, Healthcare, Transportation, and more. When failure is not an option, the world trusts iNRCORE.
About the Position
As a Quality Engineer one is required to work within the quality team to ensure the overall quality of a manufactured product and is tasked with creating documentation, devising quality testing, mechanical and visual inspection, and defining the criteria that a test result should meet. The overall goal is to meet or exceed customer requirements as well as the company’s quality metrics (monthly, quarterly, yearly).
Additional tasks may include inspection, screening, or sorting of customer samples or returns to accelerate the response time to the customer. Occasional visits to local testing facilities may need to be organized on an as-needed basis to support production operations.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform First Article Inspection Reports (FAIR) per AS9102B requirements aligned with customer flow down procedures and requirements.
- Must be able to read customer drawings and blueprints in order to perform configuration management review of all customer drawing characteristics.
- Perform visual and mechanical inspection as required to aid the quality department on an as-needed basis.
- Identify root cause and corrective actions of the customer or internal failures based on formal failure analysis identified through problem-solving and root cause analysis using standard quality tools.
- Participate in AS9100D surveillance and recertification audits with third party registrar.
- Verify and validate customer Purchase Orders identifying all quality requirements and Q-Notes flowed down inside of the Purchase Order.
- Develop inspection methods to analyze product quality (in-process and outgoing). Document results and findings after inspections are completed.
- Prepare all related documentation and schedule the required Customer Source inspection (Pre-Cap and Final) using the assigned Customer Portal.
- Approve ECN’s for A released products in compliance with quality standards and customer requirements
- Proven ability to data-mine military and industry standards and publications in order to identify the proper testing and/or inspection methodology or to verify and validate raw material.
- Perform internal audits in accordance with AS9104 to support the quality management system. Assist with the second party and third-party audit preparation.
- Inspect products to J-STD-001 and IPC-A-610 Standards.
- Generate yearly retention reporting for QPL products.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Education: University/college graduate in mechanical or electrical engineering. ASQ certification or Six Sigma certified a plus.
Experience: 2 or more years of experience in the engineering department; hands-on experience in quality engineering a plus. Experience in product qualification test and product failure modes analysis. A lead or independent auditor for conducting internal company and departmental audits.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must possess computer proficiency, excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines. Problem analysis and problem resolution skills. Experience with developing/documenting procedures. Must possess familiarity with QMS AS9100D including ISO9100:2015.
Why should you join our team?
Our team is growing! We collaborate and use innovation to build meaningful relationships, both internally with colleagues and externally with customers. Our business casual dress code allows your personality to shine through. Our new facility is clean, spacious, and located near I-95, with a variety of local restaurants easily accessible. Although you can enjoy a variety of snacks on-site too!
We are committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive package that stands as one of the most competitive within the manufacturing and engineering industries. All benefits start immediately, which means no waiting periods for you or your family!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Prescription plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- 401K Program with Employer Match
- Group Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Vacation, Sick, and Floating Holidays (in addition to 7 paid holidays)
iNRCORE Rugged to the Core is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This position is not eligible for relocation allowance.
iNRCORE is an ITAR regulated company. This means in order to be considered for employment, all candidates must be either a US Citizen, US Permanent Resident, or US Green Cardholder at the time of application.